- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Most read reports
- Cómo es Valle de Paz, la comunidad de refugiados salvadoreños en Belice
- Central America - Hurricane Earl (as of 4 August 2016)
- Belize: Location Map (2013)
- Impact of main natural disasters on food production in Latin America and the Caribbean (2006-2007)
- Belize, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico - Tropical Cyclone EARL - ECHO Daily Map | 04/08/2016
REF: 21/08/07 – TC/2007/000135/11
Message: CDERA Mounts Level Two Response to Hurricane Dean Impact
Update August 21, 2007, 4.00 pm EDT
The Event: Hurricane Dean impacted several of CDERA Participating States during the period Friday August 17- Tuesday August 21. Dean's passage through the Eastern Caribbean was as a Category 2 Hurricane, strengthening to a Category 4 as it moved across Jamaica and reaching the level of Category 5 as it impacted Belize.
Six deaths have been caused by Hurricane Dean in the CDERA Participating States.
This situation report is based on information from hurricane watch centres, UN Agencies, Regional OCHA Office in Panama and CDERA (Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency)
Hurricane Dean has been upgraded to a category 5 as it is expected to make landfall on the Yucatan peninsula, Mexico, very early Tuesday morning.
Hurricane warnings are in effect for the east coast of Central America from the border of Guatemala and Belize.