- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Most read reports
- Belize: Location Map (2013)
- Central America - Hurricane Earl (as of 4 August 2016)
- Impact of main natural disasters on food production in Latin America and the Caribbean (2006-2007)
- Cómo es Valle de Paz, la comunidad de refugiados salvadoreños en Belice
- Belize, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico - Tropical Cyclone EARL - ECHO Daily Map | 04/08/2016
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) underlines that the Caribbean is particularly vulnerable towards climate related hazards and the projected impacts are expected to be devastating due to limited adaptive capacity of small islands and low-lying coastal states.
Over the past 30 years in the Caribbean, floods and tropical storm damage affected 1.5 million people directly and caused over USD 5 billion in damage. The increasing frequency and intensity of extreme weather events stresses societies and natural systems.
A UK-funded PAHO project will make safer and greener health facilities in Dominica, Belize, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and St. Lucia to deliver care in disasters.