- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Most read reports
- Cómo es Valle de Paz, la comunidad de refugiados salvadoreños en Belice
- Central America - Hurricane Earl (as of 4 August 2016)
- Belize: Location Map (2013)
- Impact of main natural disasters on food production in Latin America and the Caribbean (2006-2007)
- Belize, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico - Tropical Cyclone EARL - ECHO Daily Map | 04/08/2016
A UK-funded PAHO project will make safer and greener health facilities in Dominica, Belize, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and St. Lucia to deliver care in disasters.
Four persons confirmed dead and 241 others were reported injured. Reports are coming in about primary care centres, hospitals, infirmaries, children's homes and shelters islandwide report relating a picture of widespread damage in the southern and south eastern region mainly.
Jamaica has 346 health centres and 23 public hospitals islandwide, and contact has not been possible with several of these. Various health centres suffered considerable damage and others are now only partially functioning because of lack of water, electricity and other necessities.
This report updates the PAHO/WHO report of 19 August. For countries not mentioned in this update, please refer to yesterday's report, using the links shown.
Hurricane Dean made landfall in Jamaica as a Category 4 hurricane on Sunday, 19 August, and on Monday morning, a PAHO/WHO team began an initial assessment of the storm's effects.