- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Safe roads and reliable transportation are critical in the event of a natural disaster. The Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR), along with the World Bank, has been working closely with the Government of Belize to increase the climate resilience of the road network and manage disaster risk by identifying priority investments.
Petrocaribe: 10 años fortaleciendo la seguridad alimentaria del Caribe y Centroamérica
Nueva publicación analiza las principales lecciones del acuerdo de integración regional que ha sostenido más de un centenar de programas.
Agriculture in Haiti: Highly Vulnerable, Mostly Uninsured
The 2001 hurricane season was above average.
In December 2000 Professor William M Gray et al, forecasted that the 2001 hurricane season would be a below average hurricane season. However, at the beginning of the 2001 hurricane season, this team updated their forecast on June 07, 2001 to indicate that the season would be above average consisting of 12 named storms, 7 hurricanes and 3 intense hurricanes. The long-term averages are: Tropical Storms-10, Hurricanes-6 and Major Hurricanes-2. (NOAA, 2001).
II. AGROSOCIOECONOMIC DATA