- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
This report covers the period 01 January 2011 to 30 June 2011.
Programme outcome: the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies‘ secretariat (IFRC) is committed to supporting the National Societies to do more, do better and reach further in order to address the humanitarian challenges faced by the Red Cross Societies in the Americas. The support provided by the IFRC‘s Americas zone office focuses on mainstreaming compliance with the Inter-American Plan and working towards full alignment with the IFRC‘s Strategy 2020.
The countries of Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) are highly vulnerable to a range of natural hazards, includ-ing droughts, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, landslides, and volcanic eruptions. At times, El Niño meteorological events and poor land use management exacerbate the effects of potential hazards. Several countries in the re-gion also remain vulnerable to civil unrest and associated humanitarian impacts. Between Fiscal Year (FY) 2002 and FY 2011, USAID’s Office of U.S.