- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Most read reports
- Advancing Disaster Risk Finance in Belize
- Central America - Hurricane Earl (as of 4 August 2016)
- Impact of main natural disasters on food production in Latin America and the Caribbean (2006-2007)
- Cómo es Valle de Paz, la comunidad de refugiados salvadoreños en Belice
- Belize, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico - Tropical Cyclone EARL - ECHO Daily Map | 04/08/2016
This report, for the period 1 June – 30 November 2012, is the first semiannual report, covering the first six months in the 2012/2013 fiscal and policy year for CCRIF. It is designed to provide an update on progress during this period towards achievement of CCRIF’s Strategic Objectives (see Figure 1) as defined in the CCRIF Strategic Plan 2012/2013 – 2014/2015. In providing this progress update, this report also illustrates how the Facility upholds its customer values.
The report presents:
The activities proposed hereafter are still subject to the adoption of the financing decision ECHO/WWD/BUD/2013/01000
Government of BVI (GIS), BVI, October 29th, 2012 - The Department of Disaster Management (DDM) in collaboration with the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) Coordinating Unit, with financial support from the Enhancing Resilience to Reduce Vulnerability in the Caribbean Region (ERC) Project is hosting a stakeholders meeting to discuss the data needs for the DEWETRA Platform and how it can be used within the Caribbean context.
By David Singh
GENEVA, 15 June 2012 - As the 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season kicks off, all 16 member governments of the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility (CCRIF) have committed for the sixth year in a row to renew their hurricane and earthquake insurance for 2012-2013 and earned themselves a 25% premium rebate.
This report, for the period 1 September – 30 November 2011, is the second quarterly report in the 2011/2012 fiscal and policy year for CCRIF. It is designed to provide an update on progress during this quarter towards achievement of CCRIF’s Strategic Objectives (see Figure 1) as defined in the CCRIF Strategic Plan 2009/2010 – 2011/2012. In providing this progress update, this quarterly report also illustrates how the Facility upholds its customer values.
The report presents: