- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
I was very pleased when I heard we were organizing this event. Central America has been and remains an area of great importance for the United States. We all know the history-after the destabilizing wars of the 1980s, the region has a new generation of democratic leaders who are well on their way, despite the region's many challenges, to helping these countries fulfill their promise.
President Bush affirmed his support for the countries of Central America when he met with five Central American presidents on April 10 of this year. The President stressed U.S.