- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Most read reports
- Belize: Location Map (2013)
- Impact of main natural disasters on food production in Latin America and the Caribbean (2006-2007)
- Belize, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico - Tropical Cyclone EARL - ECHO Daily Map | 04/08/2016
- Central America - Hurricane Earl (as of 9 August 2016)
- Tropical Cyclone HARVEY-17 - Warning no. 10
Rainfall deficits persist over Kenya and Uganda
Africa Weather Hazards
Below-average rainfall since mid-May has led to abnormal dryness across eastern Uganda and southwestern Kenya. Moisture deficits are likely to negatively impact cropping and Pastoral activities.
Torrential rain led to destroyed houses in Central Darfur, Sudan. Heavy rain is forecast to continue during the next week. High flooding risks in the region continue.
This website allows you to explore how different scenarios of global greenhouse gas emissions and adaptation to climate change could change the geography of food insecurity in developing and least-developed countries. By altering the levels of future global greenhouse gas emissions and/or the levels of adaptation, you can see how vulnerability to food insecurity changes over time, and compare and contrast these different future scenarios with each other and the present day.