- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Women in conflict and transitional countries take centre stage
Funds allocated received by more than 350 initiatives in 128 countries in 16-year history
New York, 7 November—The United Nations Trust Fund to End Violence against Women (UN Trust Fund) today kicked off its 16th year announcing more than US$8 million in grants to 12 local initiatives in 18 countries. In ten countries, funds will be used to address violence against women in conflict, post conflict and transitional settings, including Libya for the first time.