- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
Most read reports
- Belize: Location Map (2013)
- Impact of main natural disasters on food production in Latin America and the Caribbean (2006-2007)
- Central America - Hurricane Earl (as of 4 August 2016)
- La OIM inaugura un Centro de Información sobre Migración y lanza una aplicación móvil para los migrantes en Belice
- Central America - Hurricane Earl (as of 9 August 2016)
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 70/300.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2030
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.
CENTRAL AMERICA: HURRICANE FELIX
Please pray for the many in Nicaragua, Honduras and Guatemala that are weathering the fierce winds and rains of Hurricane Felix. UMCOR is monitoring the situation and contacting our partners in these areas as communication permits.
Please help UMCOR in its anticipated response by giving to Hurricanes 2007, UMCOR Advance #982511.
IRAQ: HELPING THOSE DISPLACED BY WAR
UMCOR is helping Action for Churches Together partners to meet the immediate needs of displaced Iraqi refugees in Syria by providing essential food and hygiene items.