- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Belize: Floods - Oct 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Storm Ernesto - Aug 2012
- Tropical Storm Harvey - Aug 2011
- Hurricane Richard - Oct 2010
- Hurricane Paula - Oct 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
This report includes:
A) Middle East and Central Asia: (1) Palestinian Territories, (2) Iraq, (3) Iran, (4) Afghanistan, (5) Pakistan
B) East and Central Africa: (1) DR Congo, (2) Burundi, (3) Rwanda, (4) Uganda, (5) Tanzania, (6) Kenya, (7) Eritrea, (8) Djibouti
C) West Africa: (1) Mauritania (2) Liberia (3) Côte d'Ivoire
D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Zambia, (4) Tanzania, (5) Malawi, (6) Zimbabwe, (7) Mozambique, (8) Swaziland, (9) Madagascar
E) Asia: (1) Indonesia, (2) DPR Korea