- IOM Bangladesh Rohingya Crisis Response - External Update, 7 Dec 2017
- ISCG Situation Update: Rohingya Refugee Crisis, Cox’s Bazar - 5 Dec 2017
- UNFPA Rohingya Humanitarian Response: Monthly Situation Report - Nov 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Bangladesh: Rohingya Refugee Crisis Humanitarian Response Plan - Sep 2017 - Feb 2018
- UNHCR Supplementary Appeal – Myanmar Refugee Emergency Response in Bangladesh, Sep 2017 – Feb 2018
- IOM Appeal: Rohingya refugees crisis - Sep 2017 - Feb 2018
- UNICEF Humanitarian Action for Children: Bangladesh: Rohingya Influx, 2017-2018
- Health Humanitarian Response Plan Bangladesh - Oct 2017
- Bangladesh: HCTT Response Plan - Monsoon Floods (Aug 2017 - Jan 2018)
- IOM Bangladesh | Cyclone Mora Emergency Response (Jun-Dec 2017)
- OCHA Rohingya Refugee Crisis
- HDX Rohingya Displacement
- Food Security Cluster: Rohingya Crisis
- Bangladesh Meteorological Department
- Bangladesh Department of Disaster Management
- Food Security Cluster: Bangladesh
- IOM Bangladesh
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Human Rights Watch: Bangladesh - Events of 2016
- Bangladesh: Diphtheria Outbreak - Dec 2017
- Bangladesh: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Mora - May 2017
- Bangladesh: Floods and Landslides - Jul 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Komen - Jul 2015
- Bangladesh: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2015
- Nepal: Earthquakes - Apr 2015
- Bangladesh: Floods - Aug 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UN envoy urges greater support for Rohingya victims of sexual violence
- ISCG Situation Report: Rohingya Refugee Crisis, Cox’s Bazar - 26 November 2017
- Home-made rafts arriving from Myanmar / Refugee population density soaring
- Rohingya refugees: Life in Cox’s Bazar and the importance of staying connected
- ISCG Situation Report: Rohingya Refugee Crisis, Cox’s Bazar - 19 November 2017
3,300 Estimated number of UAC currently in Greece based on analysis of data available to EKKA (as of 30 November 2017)
1,130 Total number of places available in UAC shelters (filled, pending assigned cases as of 30 November, including 45 vacant places)
2,201 Total number of UAC on waiting list for shelter (as of 30 November 2017) including:
• The humanitarian situation for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh remains dire, with some 625,000 refugees newly arrived since 25 August 2017. At least 58% of them are children. Thousands of refugees continue to arrive every week, even though we are experiencing slowdown in the past couple of weeks, adding the pressure on the heavily stretched resources on the ground.
The humanitarian situation for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh remains dire, with some 623,000 newly arrived refugees since 25 August 2017. Thousands of refugees per week continue to arrive.
Dhaka, 23 November 2017: The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare with support from the Government of Canada, UNICEF and UNFPA today has launched its, “Improving Sexual, Reproductive Health and Rights including Maternal and Newborn Health in low performing districts” project to improve integrated sexual and reproductive health and rights including maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health in the lowest performing five districts of the country.
GENEVA, 21 November - UNICEF is deeply concerned by reports suggesting high levels of bacterial contamination (E.coli) from water drawn from wells inside the Rohingya refugee camps in Cox’s Bazar in southern Bangladesh. The latest figures from the World Health Organization suggest that 62 per cent of water available to households is contaminated.
3,250 Estimated number of UAC currently in Greece based on analysis of data available to EKKA (as of 15 November 2017)
1,151 Total number of places available in UAC shelters (filled, pending assigned cases as of 15 November, including 54 vacant places)
2,121 Total number of UAC on waiting list for shelter (as of 15 November 2017) including:
The humanitarian situation for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh remains dire, with some 620,000 newly arrived refugees since 25 August 2017.
1.2 Million in need of immediate WASH support
Overall target* for the WASH Sector: 1,166,000 individuals
Number of people reached** with WASH assistance to date: 595,663 individuals
Total approx. gap for the WASH Sector: 570,337 individuals
Cox’s Bazar, 16 November 2017 – To bolster nutrition interventions for Rohingya children and provide immediate support to around 17,000 under five children currently suffering from severe acute malnutrition (SAM), UNICEF along with government and other sectoral partners launched Nutrition Action Week.
The Nutrition Action Week is an effort to propel the nutrition interventions in the backdrop of a recent downslide in the nutrition status of Rohingya children.