- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Since March 2014 several states in West Africa have been fighting against Ebola. In the last nine months, the Federal Agency for Technical Relief (THW) has supported the international aid operations with more than 70 volunteers from the technical-logistical sector. Yesterday, Sunday, the remaining two experts returned from Sierra Leone via Ghana to Germany – time to take stock.
After days of heavy rainfall in western parts of Central Africa, large swathes of Benin, including the capital, Cotonou, are under water. Up to 700,000 people, many of them children, have been affected by the flooding. Approximately 200,000 people have been left homeless.
The Federal Foreign Office is providing up to EUR 400,000 for immediate emergency assistance measures.