- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
PARIS (October 14, 2014) – The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation today announced that Agence de Médecine Préventive (AMP) has received the third annual Gates Vaccine Innovation Award in recognition of EPIVAC, an on-the-job training program for district medical officers to improve immunization program performance in 11 Francophone African countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal and Togo.
Private industry joins efforts to support hundreds of thousands of cocoa, cashew farmers through improved training, access to markets
SEATTLE -- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation today announced two significant partnerships and $48 million in grants to help hundreds of thousands of small cocoa and cashew farmers in sub-Saharan Africa significantly increase their incomes so they can lift themselves out of hunger and poverty.