- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Benin - Abbreviated Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Inauguration de l’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers et Obstétricaux (IFSIO) : plus de 200 millions de FCFA investis par la Belgique pour cet immeuble
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has announced that it will be sending emergency supplies to Benin to help victims of unusually heavy rains and floods in the West African state.
Blankets, tents, plastic sheeting and sleeping pads were being airlifted from Johannesburg to the Benin capital of Cotonou as soon as possible.
Benin is hit annually by heavy rains and floods, but this year the rainfall was 2 =BD times heavier than during the same period last year.
At least 46 persons were reported dead, 680,000 others were affected, 55,000 homes were damaged along with …
On October 29, the Government of Japan has decided to extend emergency relief goods (tents, blankets, etc.) equivalent to 20 million yen (about 213,000 USD) to the Republic of Benin in response to the request from the Government of the Republic of Benin, in view of humanitarian aspects as well as the friendship and cooperation between Japan and the Republic of Benin.
At the Fourth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD IV) convened in Yokohama last May, the participants compiled the Yokohama Action Plan that lays out assistant measures to be implemented by countries or organizations.
Mr. Chiba: Lastly, the Government of Japan decided to extend grant aid of up to 140 million yen (approximately US$1.2 million) to the Republic of Benin for assistance of underprivileged farmers in the country. The signing ceremony was held on 10 March in Abidjan, the capital of Ivory Coast, between Ambassador of Japan to Benin Tetsuro Shioguchi, who is based in Ivory Coast, and Charge d'Affaires a.i.