- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- Un compendium des compétences féminines pour l’égalité des sexes au Bénin
- World Bank Board Approves West Africa Coastal Areas (WACA) Resilience Investment Project
Low lying areas along the Niger River which marks Benin's North-Western border, have been severely affected by recent flooding. The Logistics Cluster team conducted a transport assessment collecting information on affected areas.
Existing maps are not sufficient guides, as villages are located or named incorrectly and information on roads and tracks is patchy.
The assessment was conducted in villages throughout Malanville. Some of the areas were completely cut off during the floods and others were partially inaccessible.
2. BORDER CROSSING AND CUSTOMS
3. LOGISTICS COORDINATION
4. INCOMING CARGO
6. TRANSPORT SECTOR
- The Logistics Cluster started a river assessment in the Grand Popo area in the south-west of the country.
Each week the Global Logistics Cluster Support Cell (GLCSC) provides an operational update of the activities of Logistics Clusters/Sectors in the field, together with the details of the latest publications on the Logistics Cluster website. The GLCSC is housed in the Logistics Division of the UN World Food Programme, the Global Logistics Cluster Lead.
Les inondations constituent un risque récurrent de catastrophe naturelle au Bénin, particulièrement dans la partie méridionale du pays. Les carences en termes d'aménagement du territoire et de gestion des risques ont davantage amplifié l'impact des conséquences extrêmes liées au changement climatique. Accusant une intensité exceptionnelle en 2010, les récentes pluies ont provoqué des crues hors-normes dans 55 des 77 communes que compte le pays.
1. LOGISTICS COORDINATION
5. OPERATIONAL UPDATES
1 LOGISTICS COORDINATION
- A Logistics Response Team (LRT) has completed an assessment of logistics gaps in Benin following the recent floods.
1 SITUATION UPDATE
COTONOU, Benin (October 21, 2010) - For the past five weeks, more than half of the communes in Benin have been severely affected by floods due to an unusually heavy rainy season. Twice the normal amount of rain has lashed the country and affected more than 360,000 people. Assessments are being conducted to assess the damage to the road network and infrastructure.
Fifty-one out of 77 communes in the country are affected.