- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
DUBAI, 31st August, 2015 (WAM) -- Dar Al Ber Society, DABS, has inaugurated 29 charity projects at a cost of AED 2,732,000, in Benin and Togo as part of an eight-day official visit to the two African countries.
The DABS delegation comprised Abdul Kareem Jaafar, Manager of Projects Department at DABS, and Ali Abdullah Al Shehi, Manager of DABS in Ras al-Khaimah.
New projects have been agreed upon as well the development of the services being rendered by the society to the peoples of the two African countries, according to a top official.
The Higher Committee of Foreign aid at the Red Crescent Authority has allocated Dh 4.027 million to carry out developmental projects in a number of countries.
The assistance will cover health, education and social services sectors in addition to the provision of water supplies in areas which suffer from shortage of this vital service.
These projects will be carried out in a number of countries, including Palestine, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan, Jordan and Pakistan, Senegal, Bosnia, Uganda, Benin, Thailand, Chad, in addition to Ghana, Lebanon, Libya and Mauritania.