- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Tue, 17 Dec 2013 12:59 PM
Author: Elias Ntungwe Ngalame
YAOUNDE, Cameroon (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – West African states in the Niger River Basin are seeking to tackle climate risks and reduce poverty by constructing three hydropower dams in the next five years.
Read the full article.
By Lesley Wroughton
WASHINGTON, April 10 (Reuters) - Leaders of the world's industrial powers should commit to boost agriculture investments in poor countries and end hunger and malnutrition among the poor when they meet outside Washington in May, a group co-founded by anti-poverty campaigners and rock stars Bono and Bob Geldof said on Tuesday.
Read the full article on Reuters - AlertNet.
24 Sep 2011 10:07 Source: Reuters // Reuters
Men work in a mill producing maize in Adjame, Abidjan July 25, 2011. REUTERS/ Thierry Gouegnon
WASHINGTON, Sept 23 (Reuters) - The Group of 20 will back the creation of an emergency food reserve in West Africa to avert the risk of future shortages in the world's poorest region, French Cooperation Minister Henri de Raincourt said on Friday.