- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Benin - Abbreviated Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Inauguration de l’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers et Obstétricaux (IFSIO) : plus de 200 millions de FCFA investis par la Belgique pour cet immeuble
Dec 1 (Reuters) - Since the beginning of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, almost 60 million people have been infected with HIV and 25 million people have died of HIV-related causes.
As World Aids Day is marked on Tuesday, globally some 33.4 million people were living with HIV.
FREETOWN, Aug 13 (Reuters) - At least seven people were killed and 15 injured when homes collapsed in a landslide in heavy rain in Sierra Leone's capital Freetown on Thursday, police said.
Rescue teams were searching for bodies beneath mud, stones and rubble from three hillside houses that collapsed, police official Ibrahima Samura told Reuters.
"The victims were asleep when they were trapped by the landslide," he said.
Flooding has left at least 300 people homeless, police said.
Since the start of the rainy season in June, floods and landslides have killed dozens …
COTONOU, July 7 (Reuters) - Benin has declared a state of emergency and called for international humanitarian aid after floods hit the south of the West African country.
The government estimates that some 2,000 families have already been displaced by flooding caused by heavy rains and it appealed late on Monday for immediate help to prevent the imminent spread of epidemics.
The West African region has experienced heavy seasonal flooding in the past few years and about 200,000 people were displaced when their houses were destroyed by similar floods in Benin last year.