- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- Inauguration de l’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers et Obstétricaux (IFSIO) : plus de 200 millions de FCFA investis par la Belgique pour cet immeuble
- World Bank Board Approves West Africa Coastal Areas (WACA) Resilience Investment Project
GENEVA, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Some 65,000 Togo refugees will run out of food by the end of the year unless the international community quickly comes up with $1 million in aid, the U.N. World Food Programme (WFP) said on Tuesday.
By Paawana Abalo
By Mathieu Bonkoungou
OUAGADOUGOU, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Togo's President Faure Gnassingbe on Wednesday urged thousands of refugees displaced by violence triggered by his disputed election to return home, saying they had nothing to fear in their homeland.
Some 40,000 Togolese have fled into neighbouring Benin and Ghana since the unrest after the April polls, with many still fearing for their safety if they return, according to the U.N refugee agency UNHCR.
"All those that were arrested after the election have been released and we have asked all refugees to come back so that …
COTONOU, April 27 (Reuters) - Hundreds of people have fled from southern Togo into neighbouring Benin after youths and security forces clashed in the town of Aneho, Togolese residents and a police official in Benin said on Wednesday.
The violence came after the son of Togo's former authoritarian ruler was declared the winner of a weekend presidential election -- triggering riots in the capital Lome in which at least 10 people have already been killed.
The police official in Benin, who did not want to be named, said around 600 people had already crossed the border.
The United …