- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Dec 1 (Reuters) - Since the beginning of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, almost 60 million people have been infected with HIV and 25 million people have died of HIV-related causes.
As World Aids Day is marked on Tuesday, globally some 33.4 million people were living with HIV.