- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
OTTAWA, April 27, 2015 – Canada's International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) today announced CA$17 million in new funding for projects that will make food more secure and nutritious in developing countries. The four projects are part of an effort to scale up the most promising research supported under the Canadian International Food Security Research Fund (CIFSRF).
Ottawa, Canada, November 25, 2011 – Canada's Environment Minister, the Honourable Peter Kent, and Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC) today announced seven winning projects from across Africa that will support important and innovative initiatives to better equip the African continent to deal with the effects of climate change.