- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso (PANA) - Experts from 13 West African countries and re presentatives of partners began a three-day meeting here Tuesday, ahead of a ministerial meeting on how to strengthen integrated disease surveillance and response across border areas in the sub-region, the meeting's co-sponsor, World Health Organization African Programme for Onchocerciasis Control (WHO/APOC), said in a statement obtained by PANA.
The experts' meeting is preparatory to that of Ministers on Friday, which is expected to come out with guidelines in response to incessant disease …
Lagos, Nigeria (PANA) - As African governments and tens of millions of poor African consumers faced a dangerous rice crisis in 2007, new rice varieties adapted to African conditions helped achieve a 6 percent increase in the continent's output, the African Rice Centre (WARDA) said in a statement made available to PANA here Thursday.
The Cotonou-based centre said - in a report released in advance of a key international conference in Japan on Africa's development - that though this represents a major advance, it was still far short of meeting demand.
The new rice varieties, …