- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Members of PREGEC met in Conakry to discuss the progress of this year’s agro-pastoral campaign, the agricultural outlook and the food situation. In preparation for the campaign, governments and their partners made significant strides in helping farmers and pastoralists obtain agricultural inputs (seeds, fertilisers and pesticides) and veterinary materials (vaccines). In addition, food and humanitarian assistance measures have been implemented for vulnerable populations.
Hopes for a good season have been confirmed
1. Brief analysis of the general agriculture and food situation
The 2006 season is almost over in most Sahelian countries with the final stages of harvesting and storage operations.
Despite the season's late start, various sources report that the 2006-2007 agricultural season has been generally very good.