- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Benin - Abbreviated Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Innovation Platform (IP) in rice value chain creates jobs, generates income and secures food in Bantè, Benin
A wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) case has been confirmed in Kenya, the first WPV in the country since July 2011, with onset of paralysis 30 April. The location is a refugee camp in the Dadaab area, close to the border with Somalia, where a child was paralysed by polio near the capital Mogadishu on 18 April. Outbreak response activities are being planned. See ‘Horn of Africa’ section for more.
Tropical Storm Murjan brings heavy rains and flash flooding to northern Somalia.
Flooding continues across portions of Nigeria and Ghana as heavy rains impact the region.
1) With seasonal rains ending and as vegetation dries out, locust swarms have formed in Chad and are expected to form in Niger and Mali. Swarms are expected to migrate towards the north as well as potentially into cropping areas in western/central Mali.
Note: Map in 2 pages