- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
28 November 2011 – The Special Representatives of the Secretary-General (SRSGs) and Heads of United Nations Missions in West Africa today underscored their determination to promote to electoral processes, insecurity, democracy and food security in the sub-region as part of their agenda for crisis prevention and resolution.
By Noora Kero, IFRC Dakar
Hundreds of Red Cross Volunteers mobilized to contain spread of infection
Hundreds of Red Cross Red Crescent volunteers have been called up in Guinea Bissau, Congo and Benin to help people affected by cholera epidemics.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) has released 212,000 Swiss francs (USD 190,000 / EUR 132,000) from its disaster relief emergency fund (DREF) to the three African Red Cross societies to support their activities in delivering assistance to 600,000 beneficiaries.
The situation is most severe in …