- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Vienna, Austria, February 22, 2016. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has signed new public sector loan and grant agreements totaling over US$60m to help boost socio-economic development in nine partner countries. The agreements were signed by OFID Director-General Suleiman J Al-Herbish and high-ranking officials of the beneficiary countries, including HE Amara M. Konneh, Minister, Ministry of Finance and Development Planning of Liberia; and HE Mubin Mirzaev, Deputy Minister of Finance of Uzbekistan.
Leaders Gather in Jeddah for World Malaria Day; Call for Increased Investment to Save Lives & Advance Development Efforts
WASHINGTON, D.C., 22 July 2013 – A majority of people in most countries where female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) is concentrated oppose the harmful practice, according to a new UNICEF report issued today. Despite that opposition, more than 125 million girls and women alive today have been subjected to FGM/C and 30 million girls are still at risk of being cut in the next decade.
The report, Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting: A statistical overview and exploration of the dynamics of change, is the most comprehensive compilation of data and analysis on this issue to date.