- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- Un compendium des compétences féminines pour l’égalité des sexes au Bénin
- Inauguration de l’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers et Obstétricaux (IFSIO) : plus de 200 millions de FCFA investis par la Belgique pour cet immeuble
- The start of green harvesting in the region is significantly improving food security conditions in West Africa. However, the rains will have to continue until the end of September in East Sahel, mid-October in West Sahel, the end of October in the Sudanian zone, and the end of November in the bimodal zone of the Gulf of Guinea in order to expect average to above-average production in all countries of the region.
- Current high to extreme food insecurity in households of the agropastoral area in the east basin (Niger, Nigeria, and Chad) is being progressively reduced by …
- Aperçu sur les différents marchés de produits vivriers
- Grandes tendances de quelques produits vivriers
- évènements particuliers
- Importations et exportations
- Indicateurs commerciaux
- Taux de change des devises
- Tableau de prix
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC) Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) is a source of un-earmarked money created by the Federation in 1985 to ensure that immediate financial support is available for Red Cross Red Crescent response to emergencies.
African governments have been urged to encourage the emergence of more seed companies that will multiply, market, and disseminate improved maize varieties to farmers to boost food production.
So far, in the West African region, only Nigeria has a relatively vibrant seed industry with about 12 emerging private sector-driven seed companies.
Written by: George Fominyen
DAKAR (AlertNet) - Bad governance and corruption mean several African countries won't meet targets on cutting child mortality under the U.N. Millennium Development Goals, aid group Save the Children says in a new report.
The aid agency says more than 2.8 million children's lives could have been saved in Africa over the last ten years if countries had focused on the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population.
In sub-Saharan Africa, around one in seven children dies before their fifth birthday.
FOOD SECURITY SNAPSHOT
- Harvest prospects are uncertain due to irregular rains during 2010 cropping season
- Maize prices remain low following last year's good crop, but high prices of rice continue to affect urban consumers
Harvest prospects mixed following irregular rains
Harvesting of first season maize crop is underway in the South while planting of the second season crop is about to start. In the North, which only has one rainy season, the harvesting of cereals has begun.
Item 70 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance of the United Nations
The present report has been prepared pursuant to General Assembly resolution 64/251, in which the Assembly requested the Secretary-General to continue to improve the international response to natural disasters and to report thereon to the Assembly at its sixty-fifth session.
- 7,7 milliards FCFA du CERF pour l'assistance alimentaire au Niger
- Plus de 600 000 personnes affectées par les inondations en Afrique de l'Ouest et du Centre
- Plus de 1 milliard FCFA du CERF pour les inondations au Burkina Faso
- Plus de 15 000 cas de choléra en Afrique de l'Ouest et du Centre
- Faible taux de financement pour la RCA
- 406 millions FCFA de la FICR pour les inondations au Burkina Faso, Niger, Cameroun et Sénégal
Ce bulletin d'information humanitaire, produit par le bureau régional OCHA pour l'Afrique de lOuest et …