- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
=B7 Près de 10 millions de personnes affectées par la crise alimentaire en 2010
=B7 Première visite africaine du Chef de l'action humanitaire
=B7 Plus de 1,9 million de personnes touchées par les inondations en Afrique de l'Ouest et du Centre
=B7 Près de 58 000 cas de cholera reportés en Afrique de l'Ouest et du Centre
=B7 Plus de 20 000 personnes affectées de la méningite en 2010
=B7 FCFA 184 milliards reçus pour l'action humanitaire en 2010
=B7 FCFA 219 milliards requis pour faire face aux besoins humanitaires en 2011 en Afrique …
NEW YORK, USA, 30 December 2010 - For UNICEF and the world's children, the past 12 months have been marked by unprecedented difficulties and extraordinary opportunities. As 2010 draws to a close, it's worth highlighting some of the moments that made this a year like no other.
The year began, tragically and ominously, with the devastating earthquake in Haiti on 12 January.
PORTO NOVO, Benin, 28 December 2010 - Over the past two months, Benin has experienced some of the worst floods of its history. Today, as the water is receding, the long-term consequences of the crisis are starting to emerge.Even in the country's southern districts, where floods are reported almost every year, inhabitants were caught off guard and had to flee their homes.
PORTO NOVO, Bénin, 28 décembre 2010 - Au cours des deux derniers mois, le Bénin a subi ce qui a été parmi les pires inondations de son histoire. Aujourd'hui, alors que les eaux se retirent, les effets à long terme de la crise commencent à apparaître.
Même dans les districts méridionaux du pays, o=F9 des inondations sont signalées chaque année, les habitants se sont fait surprendre et ont dû s'enfuir de leurs foyers.
The Global Fund, a global partnership to prevent and treat HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, has awarded Plan over $52 million for a set of health projects in Benin, Togo and Cameroon.
Global Fund has signed an agreement with Plan Benin to put in place a five year HIV project in the country entitled "Acceleration of access to services for the prevention of HIV infection, of care and treatment and for community support."
Started in October with a budget of almost $15 million for the first 27 months, it is hoped the project will help curb the HIV epidemic which has …
Malaria prevention and control are major foreign assistance objectives of the U.S. Government (USG). In May 2009, President Barack Obama announced the Global Health Initiative (GHI), a six-year, comprehensive effort to reduce the burden of disease and promote healthy communities and families around the world.
1. In its letter dated 21 December 2007 (S/2007/754), the Security Council agreed to extend the mandate of the United Nations Office for West Africa (UNOWA) until 31 December 2010, and requested me to report on the implementation of the revised mandate of UNOWA every six months. The present report covers the period from 1 July to 31 December 2010.
West Africa's humanitarian situation remains of deep concern. The region continues to be marked by complex and severe humanitarian crises, often exceeding the populations' coping capacities and deepening their vulnerability. In 2010, the region was found to have the highest rates of under-five mortality in the world. About one-quarter of all global child deaths occur in West Africa.
In 2011, tens of millions of people will need emergency aid to survive. Conflicts and natural disasters have cut them off from their homes, their livelihoods, and access to essentials like drinking water and health care. They already suffer or are imminently threatened by malnourishment, disease, or violence. Most are poor people who have few if any means to cope with these traumas.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- Food distributions are ongoing this week in the municipality of Adjohoun for 12,500 people.
- The Health Cluster is assessing several departments perceived to be at high risk of waterborne diseases.
- The Logistics Cluster is assessing road access in the North of Benin.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- According to the rapid needs assessment, floods-affected schools need a multisectorial intervention.
- Food and non-food items distributions continue in the affected departments.
- An air cargo transporting relief items donated by Iran arrived in Cotonou on 19 November.
LA COMMISSION EUROPéENNE,
Vu le traité sur le fonctionnement de l'Union européenne,
Vu l'accord de partenariat ACP-CE signé à Cotonou le 23 juin 2000 et notamment ses articles 72 et 73,
Vu le règlement (CE) n=B0 617/2007 du Conseil du 14 mai 2007 relatif à la mise en oeuvre du 10ème Fonds Européen de Développement dans le cadre de l'accord de partenariat ACP-CE1 et notamment son article 5, paragraphe 4, et son article 8 ;
considérant ce qui suit :
(1) De très fortes précipitations ont eu lieu à partir du 13 septembre 2010 au Bénin, …
SEC(2010) 1428 final
Directorate-General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection
COMMISSION STAFF WORKING DOCUMENT
The Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (DG ECHO) is responsible for formulating EU humanitarian aid policy and for funding humanitarian aid - including food aid - to victims of conflicts or disasters, both natural and man-made, in non EU countries.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
=B7 The Emergency Humanitarian Action Plan (EHAP) was launched in Cotonou on 9 November 2010.
=B7 Rapid Needs Assessment missions are being carried out by Education Cluster partners in 20% of all affected primary and secondary schools.
=B7 An MoU was signed between the Government, UN System and Caritas.
GLIDE no. FL-2010-000202- BEN
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC) Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) is a source of un-earmarked money created by the Federation in 1985 to ensure that immediate financial support is available for Red Cross and Red Crescent emergency response.
I. EVENEMENTS CLES
- Lancement à Cotonou du Plan d'Action Humanitaire d'Urgence (EHAP) le 9 Novembre 2010.
- Des missions d'évaluation rapide ont été menées dans 20% des écoles primaires et secondaires affectées par les inondations.
- Signature d'une Lettre d'Entente entre le Gouvernement, le Système des Nations Unies et Caritas
- 445 Outbreaks following importations of wild poliovirus into countries of the WHO African, European and South-East Asian Regions: January 2009 – September 2010
- 445 Flambées consécutives à l’importation du poliovirus sauvage dans les Région africaine, européenne et d’Asie du Sud-Est de l’OMS – jan