- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Les inondations liées à la saison des pluies ont provoqué d'importants dégâts depuis juin dernier. On dénombre au moins 377 morts et près d'1,5 million de personnes affectées.
Caritas is appealing for US1.8 million (1.3 million euro) following heavy flooding in the West African country of Benin. Over 350,000 people have been affected by the floods and dozens have died.
The impact of the floods is massive: 130,000 hectares of crops have been ruined; 55,000 houses and over 270 schools have been damaged, as well as many roads and bridges.
"It's a dramatic situation. There are people who have lost everything and need a lot of help. We're very worried about the future and the risk of food shortages because of the damaged crops.