- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Benin - Abbreviated Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- Inauguration de l’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers et Obstétricaux (IFSIO) : plus de 200 millions de FCFA investis par la Belgique pour cet immeuble
Item 70 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance of the United Nations
The present report has been prepared pursuant to General Assembly resolution 64/251, in which the Assembly requested the Secretary-General to continue to improve the international response to natural disasters and to report thereon to the Assembly at its sixty-fifth session.
Period covered by this Final Report:
14 December 2009 - 29 February 2010
Summary: In 2009, there were 1,606 cases of wild poliovirus (WPV) reported globally (as of 10 March 2010); 738 of these cases were in Africa. The year proved to be challenging for the polio eradication effort, with outbreaks reported across a number of African countries.
Malaria prevention and control is a major U.S. foreign assistance objective and is a core component of a comprehensive U.S. Government (USG) Global Health Initiative (GHI), announced in May 2009 by President Barack Obama to reduce the burden of disease and strengthen communities around the world. The 2008 Tom Lantos and Henry J. Hyde Global Leadership against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Act (Lantos/Hyde Act) authorizes up to $5 billion in USG funding for malaria prevention and control for the period FY2009-2013.