- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Ref: DHAGVA - 97/0456
Ref: DHAGVA - 97/0409
ALERT FOR REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE
1. UN Resident Coordinator in Cotonou reports that due to heavy rains in the past two weeks, flooding occurred in two principal towns in Benin, i.e., Cotonou in the Department of Atlantic and Porto-Novo in the Department of Oueme. To date, one person is reported dead, according to the Red Cross in Porto-Novo.
2. On 24 June, the Government of Benin has addressed an appeal for international assistance to the UN system agencies present in Cotonou.