- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Chronic food insecurity and acute malnutrition, cyclical drought, locust infestations, seasonal floods, disease outbreaks, and recurrent complex emergencies presented major challenges to vulnerable populations in the West Africa region during the past decade. Between FY 2008 and FY 2017, USAID’s Office of U.S.
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 54 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key ongoing events, including:
- Chikungunya in Kenya
- Cholera in Malawi
- Cholera in Zambia
- Suspected Rift Valley fever in South Sudan
- Humanitarian crisis in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
In 2011, several African states warned about the likely consequences of an international military intervention in Libya aimed at toppling Muammar Gaddafi. Now, six years after his death, security in the Sahel region has never been worse.
Read more on IRIN.
Le 11 janvier 2018, le ministre de la Coopération et de l’Action humanitaire, Romain Schneider, a signé six accords-cadres de développement avec les organisations non gouvernementales de développement (ONGD) suivantes : Action pour un monde uni, Frères des Hommes Luxembourg, Guiden a Scouten fir eng Welt, Handicap International Luxembourg, Pharmaciens sans frontières et Unity Foundation.
This Weekly Bulletin focuses on selected acute public health emergencies occurring in the WHO African Region. The WHO Health Emergencies Programme is currently monitoring 53 events in the region. This week’s edition covers key new and ongoing events, including:
• Benin’s country office staffs join the movement WFP says no to gender based violence.
• Following the NGOs recruitment for monitoring and community intermediation, the country office organised training sessions for the facilitators and supervisors of the four selected NGOs.
by Maelle Peltier