- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Benin - Abbreviated Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Inauguration de l’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers et Obstétricaux (IFSIO) : plus de 200 millions de FCFA investis par la Belgique pour cet immeuble
The 2010 Humanitarian Appeal addresses twelve major humanitarian crises around the world. It presents a strategic, concerted action plan for each crisis, bringing together hundreds of aid organizations working together to deliver vital aid effectively and efficiently. It requires donors also to act together to ensure that these joint efforts receive the urgent funding needed to save lives, prevent irrecoverable harm, maintain dignity and restore self-reliance.
Report Number 71526
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
Thee year 2008 witnessed a worsening situation in several ongoing emergencies. Renewed fighting in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo left many casualties and forced many to fee their homes. Insecurity in Somalia, Afghanistan, Chad, Kenya and Pakistan caused increased hardship for millions of vulnerable people.