- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
4 December 2002 - OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO - On Friday, December 6, 2002, history will be made. This day officially marks the end of nearly 30 years of work to eliminate river blindness as a public health threat in West Africa. On this day in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, officials from the World Health Organization and others will recognize the achievement of thousands of people working together for a greater good.
ABIDJAN, 3 December (IRIN) - Food security prospects in West Africa as at November 2002, were varied with a mixed performance recorded in the cereal harvest in the Sahel sub-region, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) reported on Friday.