- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Major Campaign to Get Girls into School in 25 Priority Countries
Prepared by: Caroline Delany and Sonja
With the generous support of the Canadian International Development Agency.
This Annual Report is intended for reporting on the Federation's Annual Appeals only.
Appeal Target: CHF 5, 630,297 (USD 3,783,556 or EUR 3,407,297)
In 2001, West Africa continued to undergo many socio-economic and political problems which spilled over into ethnic conflict based on mainly sectarian lines. Nigeria was a case in point, since the imposition of Sharia law there continued to create tension between Christians and Muslims. Street riots were reported in the city of Maiduguri and other places.