- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- Un compendium des compétences féminines pour l’égalité des sexes au Bénin
- Inauguration de l’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers et Obstétricaux (IFSIO) : plus de 200 millions de FCFA investis par la Belgique pour cet immeuble
JOHANNESBURG, 30 November 2009 (PlusNews) - The theme for World AIDS Day 2009 is 'Universal Access and Human Rights', and the efforts of the continent's developing countries to reach some of the key indicators of universal access are under closer scrutiny than ever. Will they do it?
In December 2005 the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on HIV/AIDS (UNGASS) adopted a resolution to assist governments, civil society and NGOs in "scaling up HIV prevention, treatment, care and support, with the aim of coming as close as possible to the goal of universal access …
The Federation's West and Central Africa Sub-zone (WCAZ) priorities are guided by the following strategic initiatives intended to support the development and work of National Societies: the Global Agenda Goals and the Framework for Action, Strategy 2010, the African Red Cross and Red Crescent Health Initiative (ARCHI) 2010 and decisions coming out from Pan African Conferences such as the Algiers Plan of Action and the Johannesburg Commitment.
Working within these initiatives, the West and Central Africa sub-zone immediate focus is to support National Societies …
11 August 2009 - In Nigeria, the overall yield prospects are good with surpluses of +6% to +12% relative to the 5 years average. In the main maize growing areas, yields could be 18% higher than last year.
Note: Map production date estimated