- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
JOHANNESBURG, 6 December 2009 (IRIN) - Money to help the world's 49 Least Developed Countries (LDCs) - the poorest and most vulnerable - cope with the impact of climate change will be in the spotlight when the UN climate change conference in Copenhagen (COP15) kicks off on 7 December.
The Least Developed Countries Fund (LDCF) was set up in 2001 under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to help them address their "urgent and immediate" adaptation needs.
The fund is managed by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the financial mechanism of the UNFCCC, …