- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.