- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- Un compendium des compétences féminines pour l’égalité des sexes au Bénin
- Inauguration de l’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers et Obstétricaux (IFSIO) : plus de 200 millions de FCFA investis par la Belgique pour cet immeuble
In response to the outbreak of circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus (cVDPV) in South Sudan, over 19,000 children were vaccinated last week in Bentiu Poc, where the two cases were reported. Outbreak response plans are in place to hold three rounds of supplementary immunization activities (SIAs) in high risk areas to stop transmission of the virus.
- The Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Initiative (RWSSI) was launched in 2003 with the strategic goal of achieving full access to safe, adequate and affordable water supply and sanitation for rural areas in Africa by 2025. The RWSSI targets for 2015 are aligned with the MDG targets of 70% and 62% access to water supply and sanitation, respectively. This report updates stake holders on the progress made in 2013.
Tomorrow, April 25, 2014, is World Malaria Day. Each year, this day commemorates the global fight toward zero malaria deaths and mobilizes action to combat the disease. On this occasion, the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), led by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented together with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), releases its Eighth Annual Report to Congress [PDF, 20MB], which describes the U.S. Government’s contributions to the global fight against malaria.
Challenge is to transform vision into reality, Director-General says
31 January 2014, Addis Ababa/Rome - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today welcomed a breakthrough commitment by African heads of state to end hunger on the continent by 2025.
A general overview of outbreaks that occurred within the WHO African Region between January and December 2013 is provided in this issue.
Overview of reported outbreaks in WHO African Region
Based on data received from the Event Management System (EMS)*, 72 public health events were reported to the Regional Office between January and December 2013, of which 89% (64 / 72) were due to infectious diseases; with cholera being the most frequently reported infectious event (33%). The distribution of these events is shown in figure 1 and 2 and table1.