- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- Un compendium des compétences féminines pour l’égalité des sexes au Bénin
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- Bénin : la Banque mondiale alloue 40 millions de dollars à l’amélioration de l’accès aux services essentiels et à l’expansion des filets sociaux
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the first quarter of 2017 (January to March).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 71 countries in the fourth quarter of 2016 (October to December).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the third quarter of 2016 (July to September). The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
During Q2-2016, FAO’s global cereal price index fell by 6 percent year-on-year but it is 3 percent up compared to Q1-2016. The increase is because of rising maize and rice prices. The FAO global food price index has increased and almost returned to the levels of June 2015 (-1%), because prices particularly for sugar and oil increased significantly.
The real price2 of wheat is 20 percent below Q2-2015.
This is because world supplies are at record levels thanks to increased production as well as beginning stocks.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 71 countries in the first quarter of 2016 (January to March).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
•During Q1-2016, FAO’s global cereal price index fell by 14 percent year-on-year thanks to ample supplies and stock positions. The index is now at levels last seen in early 2007. The FAO global food price index is 15 percent lower than in Q1-2015.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the fourth quarter of 2015 (October to December). The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
• During Q4-2015, FAO’s global cereal price index fell by a further 15.2 percent year-on-year because of abundant supplies and sluggish demand. The index returned to the level seen before the food price crisis of 2007-08.
The Global Food Security update provides a quarterly overview of key food security trends in vulnerable countries. Information is provided by WFP VAM field teams and partners.
• In Syria, revised estimates indicate that the number of IDPs has risen to 6.5 million from 4.25 million in July. Vulnerability is increasing due to conflict, reduced economic activity, reduced crop production and high prices. As of October, UNHCR reports that over 2 million Syrians had found refuge in neighboring countries.
New report calls for full review of aid reform impact on development
Aid reform commitments in the 2005 Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness and the subsequent 2008 Accra Agenda for Action are said to be part of an international push for results in achieving international development goals such as the Millennium Development Goals.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
17e et 18e séances plénières - matin et après-midi
« À chaque minute de ma déclaration, une femme est morte en couches ou enceinte », a déclaré aujourd'hui la Directrice exécutive du Fonds des Nations Unies pour la population (FNUAP), alors que l'Assemblée générale célébrait le quinzième anniversaire de l'adoption du Programme d'action de la Conférence des Nations Unies sur la population et le développement qui s'est tenue au Caire.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
Le présent rapport porte sur les exécutions imputables au vigilantisme et sur la justice populaire, question par trop négligée par les états, la communauté internationale et les défenseurs des droits de l'homme. Un sondage effectué par le Rapporteur spécial révèle que des exécutions de ce type sont signalées un peu partout dans le monde, ce qui dénote l'existence d'un problème dont tous les états pourraient avoir à se préoccuper.
Thee year 2008 witnessed a worsening situation in several ongoing emergencies. Renewed fighting in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo left many casualties and forced many to fee their homes. Insecurity in Somalia, Afghanistan, Chad, Kenya and Pakistan caused increased hardship for millions of vulnerable people.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.