- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Benin: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Benin: Floods - Sep 2013
- Benin: Wild Fires - Jan 2013
- Benin: Cholera Epidemic - Oct 2012
- Benin: Floods - Oct 2012
- West/Central Africa: Meningitis Outbreak - Jan 2012
Most read reports
- Benin: World Bank Provides $40 Million to Improve Access to Basic Services and Expand Social Safety Nets
- WFP Benin Country Brief, June 2018
- Supporting climate resilient agriculture in Benin
- Inauguration de l’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers et Obstétricaux (IFSIO) : plus de 200 millions de FCFA investis par la Belgique pour cet immeuble
- World Bank Board Approves West Africa Coastal Areas (WACA) Resilience Investment Project
The 21th round of data collection took place in July and August 2018. During this round a revised version of the data collection methodology was used to capture additional information on the needs and challenges migrants are facing.
DTM identified there to be at least 669,176 migrants in Libya. Migrants were identified in all baladiyas, within 554 communities and originated from more than 41 countries.
Le 11 janvier 2018, le ministre de la Coopération et de l’Action humanitaire, Romain Schneider, a signé six accords-cadres de développement avec les organisations non gouvernementales de développement (ONGD) suivantes : Action pour un monde uni, Frères des Hommes Luxembourg, Guiden a Scouten fir eng Welt, Handicap International Luxembourg, Pharmaciens sans frontières et Unity Foundation.
THE WORLD’S BIGGEST INFECTIOUS KILLER
Writing in 1901, William Osler, one of the founders of modern medicine, described pneumonia as “the captain of the men of death”. He was writing about the USA, where the disease was a major killer of children – and a source of fear for their parents. Pneumonia remains a “captain of the men of death”. No infectious disease claims the lives of more children. Today, almost all of the victims are in low- and middle-income countries. The vast majority are poor.
An estimated 1 million women live with obstetric fistula, a devastating consequence of prolonged obstructed labor, and thousands of new case develop each year. Life-restoring treatment for women with fistula is available at the health facilities on this map
‘Hidden Hunger Index’ Identifies Global Hot Spots of Micronutrient Deficiencies for First Time
New Findings Can Guide Implementation of Recent Lancet Series’ Recommendations to Advance Development through Improved Nutrition
- 325 Cholera, 2010
- 339 Monthly report on dracunculiasis cases, January–May 2011
- 325 Choléra, 2010
- 339 Rapport mensuel des cas de dracunculose, janvier-mai 2011
The past two decades have delivered unprecedented progress and improvements in quality of life across the developing world. Poverty has fallen in most developing countries, and the number of low-income countries fell from 60 in 2003 to just 39 in 2009. Countries such as India and (particularly) China have managed to lift very large numbers of people out of extreme poverty. Progress has not been restricted to increases in income; many developing countries have also dramatically improved their access to vital services, such as education and health.
- Executive Summary
FOR the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI), 2009 was a pilot year: an irony for a 20-year effort, but one that breathed innovation and fresh thinking into the initiative. At the beginning of the year, poliovirus survived in parts of four countries and was causing a large-scale international outbreak for the second time in five years. Poliovirus had - for the first time - re-established transmission in several countries.
* Tajikistan has launched its response to a large wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) outbreak, with a national immunization activity being launched on 1 May in Dushanbe, the capital. As of this week, 32 WPV1 cases have been confirmed. For full details, see 'Tajikistan' section.
* At the T20 cricket world cup in St Lucia, the Indian and Afghanistan cricket teams came together at a media event to urge parents to immunize their children.
Desarrollo comunitario, salud, alimentación, educación, sida y ayudas de emergencia son los principales objetivos de las ayudas aprobadas para distintas Cáritas de Africa, Asia, América Latina y Europa del Este
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
This report covers the period 1 January to 30 June 2009
Programme purpose: To increase the capacity of the International Federation to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and impact from disasters through the provision of timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF).
During the first six months of the year, the DREF allocated a total of CHF 7,484,779 in 49 different allocations to 32 Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies.
This report covers the period 1 January to 30 June 2009
Programme purpose: In support of Global Agenda Goal 2, and Millennium Development Goal 4, liaise with global immunization partners to ensure the continued involvement of the International Federation and Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies in measles and polio supplementary immunization activities (SIAs) to increase uptake of services during both mass vaccination campaigns and routine immunization services and reduce global measles and polio-related morbidity and mortality.
- During the …
- 309 Cholera: global surveillance summary, 2008
- 324 WHO cholera information sources on the web
- 309 Choléra: bilan de la surveillance mondiale, 2008
- 324 Sources d’information OMS électroniques sur le choléra
88 Million Bed Nets Distributed for Malaria
Geneva - The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria today announced that 2.3 million people living with HIV have been reached with lifesaving antiretroviral (ARV) treatment through AIDS programs it supports, a 31 per cent increase over results reported a year ago.
Global Fund-supported tuberculosis programs have so far put more than 5.4 million people on effective TB drugs treatment. Tuberculosis is the leading cause of death among HIV-infected people; the World Health Organization estimates that TB accounts for up to a …
La donación española de 29 millones de euros a Gavi Alliance contribuirá a acelerar las iniciativas en materia de vacunación en 72 de los países más pobres del mundo.
Esta mañana se han reunido en la sede de la AECID la Secretaria de Estado de Cooperación Internacional, Soraya Rodríguez y la Directora de la AECID, Elena Madrazo con el Secretario Ejecutivo de GAVI, Dr.
- 133 Resurgence of wild poliovirus types 1 and 3 in 15 African countries, January 2008–March 2009
- 133 Résurgence du poliovirus sauvage de type 1 et 3 dans 15 pays africains, janvier 2008-mars 2009
What's a little bit of water, right?
But when a little rain, which is often initially welcomed, comes day after day and week after week - the water does become a problem. It drowns and rots the crops, kills livestock, causes rivers to overflow, causes landslides (that then destroy homes and communities), and increases the risk of diseases like malaria, dysentery and dengue fever.
In the last year, tens of millions of children and families have been directly affected by flooding - hundreds of thousands displaced from their homes.
Note: Map production date estimated.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.