Appeals & Response Plans
- Burundi: Floods - Apr 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Malaria Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Burundi: Floods - Nov 2015
- Burundi/Tanzania: Cholera Outbreak - May 2015
- Burundi: Landslides and Floods - Mar 2015
- Burundi: Floods and Landslides - Feb 2014
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2011
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Amnesty International calls on Burundi to match rhetoric with effective human rights protection
- Burundi Situation: Regional overview of the Burundian refugee population as of 30 June 2018
- Burundi Remote Monitoring Update, June 2018
- Oral briefing by the members of the Commission of Inquiry on Burundi to the Human Rights Council, 27 June 2018
- Burundi Displacement Tracking Matrix | DTM Dashboard – May 2018
Regional overview - The 2004 Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP) for some of GHA countries released. The start of the short-rains season is late in parts of East African countries
Since 1997, JRS has been assisting the displaced population in Buterere district, Bujumbura, Burundi. Among other activities (workshops, restaurant, cultural animation, agricultural assistance, psychological assistance), JRS provides education to 116 children from the most vulnerable families in the area. Set up in 2000, the school this year aims to help the children catch up with and join the Burundian education system for the year 2004-2005.
Total number of spontaneous and facilitated Burundian returnees by province - 29 November 2003
Total number of repatriated: 73,453
Total number of facilitated/HCR returnees: 29,153
Data Source: UNHCR
This report includes:
NAIROBI, 28 November (IRIN) - The UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) and partner NGOs have mounted relief operations to respond to the needs of increasing numbers of war-displaced in the Burundian capital, Bujumbura, following two weeks of fighting between government forces and rebel elements of the Forces nationales de liberation.
BUJUMBURA, 25 November (IRIN) - At the end of a six-day mission to Burundi, members of a delegation of the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) pledged on Tuesday to lobby donors to resume aid to the country, saying peace had been restored.
BUJUMBURA, le 24 novembre (IRIN) - Le président du Burundi, Domitien Ndayizeye a remanié son cabinet dimanche pour incorporer la plus importante faction rebelle du Conseil national pour la défense de la démocratie-Forces nationales pour la défense de la démocratie (CNDD-FDD) dirigée par Pierre Nkurunziza.
This report includes:
Itek@ 20 novembre 2003. Des combats qui opposent la rébellion du Palipehutu-Fnl (Parti pour la Libération du Peuple Hutu-Forces Nationales de Libération) d'Agathon Rwasa à l'armée burundaise sont toujours signalés dans plusieurs localités des communes de Kanyosha et Isale, en province Bujumbura rural (Ouest du Burundi).
Letter dated 19 November 2003 from the Chargé d'affaires a.i.
4865th Meeting (AM)
After it heard from Secretary-General Kofi Annan, along with other principal actors, on preparations for an international conference on the Great Lakes region of Africa, the Security Council today appealed to the countries in the area and the international community to provide political, technical and financial support to that event.