Appeals & Response Plans
- Burundi: Floods - Apr 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Malaria Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Burundi: Floods - Nov 2015
- Burundi/Tanzania: Cholera Outbreak - May 2015
- Burundi: Landslides and Floods - Mar 2015
- Burundi: Floods and Landslides - Feb 2014
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2011
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- 2018 Burundi Regional RRP: Regional Overview of the Burundian Refugee Population (as of 31 December 2018)
- UNHCR Burundi Situation: 2018 Funding Update (as of 8 January 2019)
- Le HCR et ses partenaires recherchent 296 millions de dollars pour la crise des réfugiés burundais
- Burundi | Plan de réponse humanitaire (HRP) 2018 - Suivi des financements (au 07 janvier 2019)
- Humanity & Inclusion closes Burundi program after 26 years
AI Index: POL 10/005/2001
Publish date: 30/05/2001
In a crisis, every humanitarian actor is concerned with saving lives and diminishing the suffering of the population. But efforts in immediately obvious areas like shelter, food and protection alone do not guarantee health. There is little benefit in providing food if people are still to die of meningitis, malaria, measles or childbirth.
This report is a JOINT PRODUCT with the Food Security Assessment Unit
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Ron Redmond - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
Kenya - Shelter
Shelters for refugees collapsed in rains and were not immediately rebuilt because of budget constraints. Homeless refugees were forced to sleep in school buildings, causing disruptions to education programs for refugee children.
Djibouti - Food
Funding constraints forced a two-month suspension of programs for malnourished refugee children at two feeding centers. Malnutrition rates increased among some of the country's 20,000 refugees.
Congo-Kinshasa - Protection
Twice monthly news bulletin from the Jesuit Refugee Service International office