Appeals & Response Plans
- Burundi: Floods - Apr 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Malaria Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Burundi: Floods - Nov 2015
- Burundi/Tanzania: Cholera Outbreak - May 2015
- Burundi: Landslides and Floods - Mar 2015
- Burundi: Floods and Landslides - Feb 2014
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2011
Most read reports
- Burundi: Humanitarian Snapshot (October 2018)
- WFP Burundi Country Brief, September 2018
- Burundi Key Message Update, October 2018
- Burundi: the Commission of Inquiry is deeply concerned by the freedom of action and the impunity of the Imbonerakure [EN/RN]
- Burundi | Plan de réponse humanitaire (HRP) 2018 - Suivi des financements (au 09 novembre 2018)
AI Index: POL 10/005/2001
Publish date: 30/05/2001
In a crisis, every humanitarian actor is concerned with saving lives and diminishing the suffering of the population. But efforts in immediately obvious areas like shelter, food and protection alone do not guarantee health. There is little benefit in providing food if people are still to die of meningitis, malaria, measles or childbirth.
This report includes: (A) Resource situation for EMOPS and PRROs (B) Caucasus: (1) Northern Caucasus, (2) Georgia (C) West and Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Tajikistan (D) Balkans: (1) Kosovo, (2) Serbia, (3) Montenegro, (4) FYRoM, (5) Albania (E) Southern Africa: (1) Angola, (2) Namibia (F) Horn of Africa: (1) Ethiopia, (2) Eritrea, (3) Kenya) (G) Great Lakes (1) Tanzania, (2) Burundi (H) West Africa Coastal: (1) Guinea, (2) Liberia (I) Latin America and Caribbean: (1) El Salvador, (2) Bolivia, (3) Peru
(A) Resource situation for EMOPS and PRROs
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Ron Redmond - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
(A) Balkans: (1) Kosovo, (2) Serbia, (3) Montenegro, (4) fYRoM (B) West and Central Asia: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Pakistan, (3) Iran (C) Guinea (D) Southern Africa: (1) Angola, (2) Namibia (E) Horn of Africa: (1) Ethiopia, (2) Eritrea, (3) Kenya (F) Niger (G) Burundi (H) El Salvador (I) East Timor From Francesco Strippoli, Senior Humanitarian Adviser; available on the Internet on the WFP Home Page (www.wfp.org), or by e-mail from Zlatan.Milisic@wfp.org.