Appeals & Response Plans
- Burundi: Floods - Apr 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Malaria Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Burundi: Floods - Nov 2015
- Burundi/Tanzania: Cholera Outbreak - May 2015
- Burundi: Landslides and Floods - Mar 2015
- Burundi: Floods and Landslides - Feb 2014
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2011
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Amnesty International calls on Burundi to match rhetoric with effective human rights protection
- Burundi Remote Monitoring Update, June 2018
- Burundi Situation: Regional overview of the Burundian refugee population as of 30 June 2018
- Oral briefing by the members of the Commission of Inquiry on Burundi to the Human Rights Council, 27 June 2018
- Burundi Displacement Tracking Matrix | DTM Dashboard – May 2018
Map set focused extracted from Situation of Women and Children in Burundi 2001 document.
Elevation and derived datasets such as slope, aspect and drainage basins are important inputs into environmental and population models. These variables affect the distribution of human, plant and animal populations in the region.
Monthly vegetation index images are used to
characterize existing land cover. Other environmental information,
such as climate and elevation, is incorporated in the land cover analysis.
This site provides a range of basic information on the countries of Eastern Africa. It is being further developed, with new data on other subject areas and countries gradually being added. The template of this server was introduced in 1996 with Trust Fund support from France.