Appeals & Response Plans
- Burundi: Floods - Apr 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Malaria Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- Burundi: Floods - Nov 2015
- Burundi/Tanzania: Cholera Outbreak - May 2015
- Burundi: Landslides and Floods - Mar 2015
- Burundi: Floods and Landslides - Feb 2014
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2012
- Burundi: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2011
Most read (last 30 days)
- Burundi: Humanitarian Snapshot (Au 14 juin 2018)
- UNICEF Great Lakes Situation (May 2018)
- Burundi : Matrice de suivi des déplacements DTM / Dashboard des déplacements - (Mai 2018)
- GIEWS Country Brief: Burundi 11-June-2018
- Burundi Situation: Regional overview of the Burundian refugee population as of 31 May 2018
During 2017, almost 38,900 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement1 to 25 countries in Europe,2 36% more than during 2016 and over three times greater than the average rate of 12,400 submissions per year during the last decade.
Between 2007 and 2016, Europe’s proportion of resettlement sub-missions globally has increased from approximately 9% to more than 18%, and in 2017 reached 52%. This is primarily due to a significant decrease globally in new submissions for resettlement, most notably to the United States of America.
10 March 2016
Distinguished President, Excellencies,
Over the past ten days, many delegations have shared with me their alarm about the growing disarray in many countries. And among other issues, I have raised with many of them my concerns about arrests, harassment and spurious prosecutions of journalists, activists, political opponents and human rights defenders.