- Tropical Cyclone Gita - Feb 2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - 2017-2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Pacific Drought - Sep 2011
- South Pacific: Tsunami - Sep 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Cook Islands: Tropical Cyclone Olaf - Feb 2005
- Pacific: Cyclone Heta - Jan 2004
American Samoa has been declared 'tsunami ready' by the US Emergency Management Agency, FEMA.
Updated 1 October 2012, 14:53 AEST
The announcement coincides with the third anniversary of the 2009 tsunami that killed 34 people and caused millions of dollars of damage.
Updated 20 September 2012, 12:17 AEST
More disaster management training throughout the Pacific Islands is one of the recommendations of a report launched this week.
In the last decade almost one million people have been killed by disasters and more than one trillion dollars have been lost worldwide