Most read reports
- Thousands of people's crops affected by Gita in American Samoa
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (Aug 19 – Aug 25, 2018)
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (Aug 1 – Aug 18, 2018)
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (June 10 – 24, 2018)
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (May 28 – June 10, 2018)
The two Samoas are trying to work out an agreement to address their divergence in tsunami warning systems.
Read more on Radio New Zealand International
American Samoa has been declared 'tsunami ready' by the US Emergency Management Agency, FEMA.
Updated 1 October 2012, 14:53 AEST
The announcement coincides with the third anniversary of the 2009 tsunami that killed 34 people and caused millions of dollars of damage.
Updated 20 September 2012, 12:17 AEST
More disaster management training throughout the Pacific Islands is one of the recommendations of a report launched this week.
In the last decade almost one million people have been killed by disasters and more than one trillion dollars have been lost worldwide