Most read reports
- American Samoa to get over $US60 million in Gita aid
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (June 10 – 24, 2018)
- American Samoa UHC Zika & Dengue Situation Report (May 28 – June 10, 2018)
- Asia Pacific Regional Hazard Map: Earthquake Risk - Modified Mercalli Scale
- American Samoa Weekly Communicable Disease Surveillance Report - Week of Sunday, July 01, 2018 -- Saturday, July 07, 2018 (Epi Week 27)
Suva, Fiji, 29 October 2015
Two hundred people involved in disaster response across the region are gathered in Suva for the annual Pacific Humanitarian Partnership meeting where the impact of disasters on women and children has been on the agenda today.
The meeting was addressed by HRH Princess Sarah Zeid of Jordan on the role of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) programs in building resilience to disaster and climate change.
Updated 20 September 2012, 12:17 AEST
More disaster management training throughout the Pacific Islands is one of the recommendations of a report launched this week.
In the last decade almost one million people have been killed by disasters and more than one trillion dollars have been lost worldwide
During the 10th replenishment of the Asian Development Fund (ADF XI), the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and ADF donors agreed to pilot the Disaster Response Facility (DRF) in the ADF XI period, 2013–2016. ADB will report on the implementation progress of the DRF at the ADF XI midterm review, and discuss the future of the DRF with the ADB Board of Directors and ADF donors at the ADF XII negotiations.